Author Topic: Reading?  (Read 3619 times)

Uncle Garnetto

• View Profile
Reading?
« on: March 13, 2012, 06:51:50 PM »
So I was at college a few weeks ago, and I was reading on my new kindle and a point was raised, why was I reading? Well I enjoy reading but I learnt that In my group of 14 people aged between 17 and 20, only 3 of us read for enjoyment...
I dont get it. How do people not enjoy reading? I usually have a book on the go and I prefer a lot of books to my favourite tv shows... I will wait a few days before watching dr who, but I was queueing outside water stones an hour before they opened for inheritance book 4... Which is another thing. I was the only one there for a quite large book series.
So I was wondering your opinions on reading? Do you do it for fun? Why or why not? Can you understand how people can do the opposite?

Lottles

• View Profile
Re: Reading?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:47:18 AM »
I read because I enjoy reading. Granted these days I read a lot less than I should, and I have to be in the mood to read, but nevertheless it it something I enjoy. There's a certain satisfaction about taking a string of words and letting your imagination run wild about them.

Owen_Daynes

• You've just been Owen'D!
    • View Profile
    • Pokemon LPs here!
Re: Reading?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 06:48:18 AM »
I agree with pretty much everything that is said above. I enjoy reading, but I'm often too busy to sit down to read properly, and when I have time, I'm normally too tired or not in the mood to do so. :/