Author Topic: tattoos!  (Read 5008 times)

zezemanoob

• View Profile
tattoos!
« on: September 23, 2012, 07:35:41 PM »
who wants one?
who has one?
what do you want?
are you happy with your tattoo?

personally i want this:

under my left shoulder with 'discovery' underneath.
gawd i love Daft Punk.
A very wise stoner told me this once:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWo7aYkIsgM

iWillBattle

• Mushroom
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: tattoos!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 07:51:43 AM »
I currently have 2 tattoos, on the inside and outside of my left bicep respectively.

On the outside I have a Galleon sailing away from a rising sun, the image is bordered by a rope and at the bottom there's a flower and a scroll that reads "ADVENTURE".

On the inside I have a female mexican sugar skull with red hair, a green bandana and a blue rose and candles in the eyes.

I might try and take photos to show if people really want to see. I love my tattoos, and I have some ideas for more, but I'm currently unemployed and tattoos are expensive.

Here are my bits of advice:
Getting a tattoo is commissioning a piece of art that you will wear forever,so don't just go to the first place you see, have a look around and find an artist whose style you like.

A cheap tattoo is never a good tattoo, and a good tattoo is never cheap. Its all about the time it takes to do, and you don't want it rushed. You've got to respect the artist, asking for it cheaper just shows you don't respect the value of their work. If you don't have enough money, don't get it, you need other things more than you need a tattoo.

Finally (and this is more personal preference), get the artist to draw something just for you. Tattoo artists are artists, and are going to be far more invested in a piece of art that they have created based on your ideas and their style than a random picture drawn by someone else that you want them to copy exactly.

But yeah, tattoos are fantastic, but they are a hell of a commitment. I love having art on my flesh that I can have with me forever though, its amazing.

Neon Nocturnal

• View Profile
Re: tattoos!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »
I've only ever wanted a small one, but I've also wanted them in places that aren't good really. I want one on my forearm but if I did that I would never be able to roll my sleeves up whilst teaching which would kill me!